On our way south we passed a few rune stones in Ostergotland. First out was Ög 190 in Vikingstad parish. It is dated to the 11th century and the inscription is “…erected this stone after Agute a good…”.
As you can see the rune stone has been mended but some fragments are missing.
Next stop was the three rune stones; Ög 207-209, along an abandoned road (hålväg) by an prehistoric grave field in Viby parish. The stones are dated to the 11th century. Ög 207 and 208 are in their original place while Ög 209 was found nearby in the 1860’s and later placed here. The grave field predates the rune stones. The grave filed is used during the Iron Age but might have used also during the Bronze Age.
The abandoned road, it’s known as the old country road in sources from the 17th century but is very possible as old as or older than the rune stones.
Redulv and Gere erected this stone after Ofeg, their uncle, a good farmer.
Vige erected this stone after Ofeg, his father.
Toste erected stone after Toke and Oruste, his nephews.