Tomorrow it that time of the year, again, when all eyes turns to the East Coast and the metropolis Blankaholm (you can find in google maps or such). Don’t know of it? Well, not many do, but since some years back an annual seminar on archaeology is held there – lots of fun and interesting archaeology is presented . All seminars are held in Swedish.
This 2012 schedule:
- From the Neolithic to a farming crisis – A farming historical research project on the north-eastern Smaland coast land and in land by Michael Dahlin & Mårten Aronsson
- A few reflections on the archaeological excavations and the reporting of the E22 project in Blekinge by – Elisabeth Rudebeck
- Mass production of green stone axes in western Blekinge by Kenneth Alexandersson
- The Vikings – a long history by Roger Wikell
- The Bronze Age in Blekinge – results from the E22 excavations by Helena Victor
- Actions at an urn grave field. A presentation of the results from Flyestock and ideas concerning ducumentations of grave fields by Fredrik Strandmark.
- About the excavation of the urns from the Flyestock grave field – methods and results by Torbjörn Brorsson.
- Reuse of picture stones on Gotland during the Iron Age by Martin Rundkvist
- Props & Rit – traces of ritual actors with examples from the East Coast by Fredrik Gunnarsson
- The Risinge mound; the excavation of a large mound on Öland by Ludvig Papmehl-Dufay
- Brick making and maker stamps in Kalmar County by Örjan Molander
- Mesolithic bones in Iron Age huts, Övra Vannborga, Öland by Magnus Reuterdahl