During Nordic TAG XI in Kalmar April 26th to April 29th I’ll be part of a panel discussion on social media – the problems, potentials, challenges & opportunities during the session Research and Outreach in the Digital Age – organized by Åsa M Larsson, Societas Archaeologica Upsaliensis, Sweden & Lars Lundkvist, Swedish National Heritage Board, Visby.
The speakers during the session is
- The Iron Age Shock Doctrine – a GIS analysis of property rights in the landscape – Daniel Löwenborg, Department of Archaeology and Ancient History, Uppsala University.
- Reconstruction of ancient landscapes – posibilities for research – Kari Uotila, Department of Archaeology, University of Turku.
- The Uppåkra Project: Digital Pipelines for the Documentation and Analysis of Archaeological Excavations in Three dimensions – Nicolò Dell’Unto, Department of Archaeology and Ancient History, Lund University.
- Hvordan kan et stort, nationalt museum anvende sociale medier? – Charlotte S H Jensen, National Museum of Denmark, Copenhagen.
- Digital Time Travels: A Collaboration Experience between Universities and Museums/Visitors Centres – Bodil Petersson, Department of Archaeology and Ancient History, Lund University
- Dealing with the public and academic views of the Maya – Johan Normark, Department of Historical Studies, Göteborg University
I look forward to the session, the speakers and the panel discussion 🙂